Pickleball combines the elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis. It was created for all ages and skill levels, and is played using paddles to volley a plastic ball with holes (similar to a wiffleball), on a badminton size court with a modified tennis net.
- All levels and ages of players are welcome.
- No experience necessary; clinicians/instructors will be on-site to teach you the game.
- Players will be matched based on skill level.
- Equipment is available for check out at the Rec Center.
When and where?
- Vestavia Hills Elementary-Central Gym, 1289 Montgomery Highway, 35216
Park in front of the school and enter through the middle set of doors, next to the ramp.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:30-9pm; Wednesdays & Fridays, 10am-12:30pm; and Saturdays, 9am-noon
- Vestavia Hills residents: FREE!
- Non-residents: $10